Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
I'm going to have to try Pale Moon on my old celeron laptop I use for onsite work....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I'm going to have to try Pale Moon on my old celeron laptop I use for onsite work.
    A lion does not lose sleep, over the opinion of sheep.

Just Joined!
    u NEED TO LOOK AT HOW YOUR MESSAGE COMES OUT TO OTHERS READING IT. IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR MESSAGE THE WORDS SEPERATE 2 LETTERS AT A TIME. AND THEN RESUMES TO NORMAL AFTER THAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Milwaukee View Post
    u NEED TO LOOK AT HOW YOUR MESSAGE COMES OUT TO OTHERS READING IT. IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR MESSAGE THE WORDS SEPERATE 2 LETTERS AT A TIME. AND THEN RESUMES TO NORMAL AFTER THAT.
    Really?? lololol

Does Google still spy on people via Chrome and Chromium?
    Using Linux since June 2007
    Distros: Mint 16 KDE
    SPECS: AMD Atholon 64 X2 3.2 Ghz, 4GB RAM, GeForce GTS 250 1GB VRAM
    When your whole life is on one computer, servers and all, choose stability over anything else.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milwaukee View Post
    1. DON'T SHOUT!
    2. Really? Which message? I looked at all of the messages in this thread, and don't see that with Firefox.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Well there is iceweasel.

Quote Originally Posted by elija View Post
    I think we have a winner. And Roky does it again. Pale Moon is incredibly fast; it even makes Seamonkey look slow and I think it's what Firefox would be if the developers focused on the original goals for the project. Don't use the Pale Moon installer shell script it's simple enough to install manually.
    Sounds neat. Is there a way to localize Palemoon?
    I don't want / don't need the US dictionary, but the British one, so kinda a en_GB version.

Ever heard of someone localizing Palemoon?

//Update
    Yes, it does have localization:
    http://www.palemoon.org/langpacks.shtml
    Neato!

Just Joined!
    I'm running Iceweasel after discovering that the latest stable version of Chrome dropped third party plugins which made Java obsolete. So far it has minor issues, like trouble displaying street view on the new Google Map.

Nobody mention Epiphany (reworded to Web) that's the default Gnome browser. It's pretty minimal but lack of a rich set of extensions.

"Iceweasel" was coined to refer to rebranded versions of Firefox. It should really not be that different from the original FFx...

I never checked out Epiphany, I wonder if I already have all needed gnome libraries installed, since my Porteus XFCe is a bit slow at times with my one non x86-64 capable laptop I still use...

For a lightweight. And I mean very lightweight. Browser. That supports Java and Flash.
    I use it on this forum from time to time to stay in practice using it.

Uzbl - web interface tools which adhere to the unix philosophy.

Check your local package manager to see if your distro supports it. It is my main backup browser now on every new install. Uses key bindings to operate.
    Supports mouse and right click. I like it better than Netsurf or Midori myself.

You can have a ton of open windows and ram usage and cpu usage is nil. It may not be everyone’s cup of tea, because speed and lightness compromises
    ease of use and function for some point and click surfers. If so. Oh Well. I don't care. I like it.

I can watch a youtube movie in full screen on my weak a$$ netbook without it gasping for resources to play the movie.
    Plus no special hoop jumping for uzbl to find libflashplayer.so and javascript plugins.

Edit: I forgot to mention

Pale Moon forum ? View topic - Looking for a new maintainer

Maybe by now a new maintainer has stepped up since May. I don't know though. I will keep my older Pale Moon installs on my Puppy Linux installs. A older install don't hurt nothing.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

I will look into Uzbl, never heard of that.

And I compared FFx with Pale Moon on my slower i686 machine, and while the program folder is quite larger than the FFx one, it still gave me an speed and performance boost. For now I am hooked on that Pale Moon...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast