Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm setting up an active directory domain and my CentOS server will be the domain controller via Samba 4.x. We need to set up a QuickBooks Enterprise Server which the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Samba Active Directory Domain Controller Question -

I'm setting up an active directory domain and my CentOS server will be the domain controller via Samba 4.x.

We need to set up a QuickBooks Enterprise Server which the accountant will need to access via VPN (hes about 200 miles away).

My question is - can I have the QuickBooks Server be my CentOS Server that I'm using for my active directory domain controller? Or will I need a separate server for QuickBooks that is not part of the domain? QuickBooks works fine with Linux but just not sure about the domain part of it - the accountant wont be on the domain because he needs to connect from his company thats a couple hundred miles from us. Is there a way I can configure the AD so that the accountant's computers arent part of the domain and can use the QuickBooks database on the server without being on the domain?

Thanks for your help

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Put the server on a non-routable subnet. Assuming your other systems can still access that subnet (it should just be a router configuration issue), then you can let the accountant vpn to the server just fine, and the server will not be visible from outside your firewall.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!