Find the answer to your Linux question:
im getting the following error trying to install the stratum-mining-proxy found at github.com/slush0/stratum-mining-proxy importerror: no module named 'server' i assume i need to install something thats missing from my build ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

python " importerror no module named 'server' "

im getting the following error trying to install the stratum-mining-proxy found at github.com/slush0/stratum-mining-proxy

importerror: no module named 'server'
    i assume i need to install something thats missing from my build but im not sure exactly what, does anyone know? im using gentoo btw

Linux Newbie
    I don't know that package, but going to that GitHub repo and searching for "server" turned up a likely candidate. This line,

Code:
    from twisted.web.server import Site
    or one of the other lines importing that subset of "twisted" is probably causing the error. So I'd make sure you have that Python module installed and try again.

Just Joined!
    thanks for your help, i searched portage for "twisted" and found "dev-python/twisted-web", with the description "twisted web server, programmable by python" thought for sure this would do the trick but am still getting the same message.