Find the answer to your Linux question:
Just had to share this. A guy told me about this the other day and I've just now gotten around to messing with it. In the AUR you can look ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

MultiBootUSB.

Just had to share this. A guy told me about this the other day and I've just now gotten around to messing with it. In the AUR you can look up "multibootusb" and download this program. It'll let you make a bootable USB stick with multiple Distros on it so you don't have to waste an 8GB USB stick on only one Distro, you can get 3 or 4 on it depending on their size. Anyway, I've been looking for something like this for a while now. Can't wait until I'm done doing the installs so I can boot to it and see if it works.

OK, a quick addition to my post. I installed Manjaro GNOME, Point Linux 2.3 and Antergos, both 32 bit and 64 bit. Point Linux booted just fine but neither Arch Based Distro booted. Not sure why not, don't know what I need to do to make em' work.

Also, another heads up, if you install QEMU you can boot and .iso or a USB stick in a virtual box environment to test it. I've never played with VM's but this looks like an easy way to do it so I can test Distros without having to install them. Anyway, if anyone has any idea as to why the Arch based Distros wouldn't boot please post up, I'd love to know why. Thanks.

Also, as far as QEMU(Quick Emulator) it's anything but Quick. I tried to boot to my USB with Point Linux on it and it took forever and a day just to get to the black screen with the mouse pointer at which point I just gave up.
    Last edited by TNFrank; 08-14-2014 at 04:48 PM.
    No matter where ya' go, there ya' are.

Seems to be kind of buggy, has anyone else had any luck using it?

Just Joined!
    Hi,

Have you tried Yumi for making a multi-boot usb? It has worked fine for me. As for virtual machines, just install VMplayer or VirtualBox and install the distro of your choice. I generally prefer VMWare Player, particularly if I want to run the virtual machine full screen (I have 2 monitors so can run a virtual machine full screen on one). VirtualBox seems to simply stretch each pixel from the default size so you end up with a big but very blurry desktop.

Recently, several LXDE distros have not worked perfectly with the vm tools installed. Things like dynamic screen resolution changes haven't worked too well. Strangely, a Ubuntu virtual machine with unity, xfce and lxde desktop environments installed works fine with both unity and xfce, but then when it logs in with the lxde desktop, dynamic resizing stops working. Strange.

Make a copy of the virtual machine as soon as it is created and updated. Then if the one you are trying things on stuffs up, you can simply delete it and make another copy of your "clean machine" and be up and running again in a couple of minutes.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    Used to long ago have a hand made 15 in 1 multi boot dvd made by a member here.

Ubuntu 4 You: 15 in 1 MultiBoot Linux DVD With Links

Back in 2009.

Interesting, a multi boot DVD. This would be cool to have to include with any laptop that I'd sell so the person would be able to see a few different Linux Distros and have access to them all on a single DVD. Much cheaper then using a USB stick. I'll have to read though the link and see what it's all about. Thanks.

Thought I'd give this a try running under Manjaro. I installed Point Linux 2.3 32 and 64 bit and Manjaro Xfce 32 and 64 bit. The Point Linux installs booted no problem but the Manjaro ones would just sit at the splash screen so it was a "no go" for them. Seems like this MultiBootUSB works ok with Debian based(and maybe others like SUSE or Fedora) but with Arch based it just doesn't want to work. I am installing Arch Assault(think Kali Linux but with an Arch base) to see if it'll work any better with that Distro. Oh well, gives me something to do during the day. LOL

P.S.
    Quick update, Arch Assault was a flop, seems like MultiBootUSB just won't play well with Arch or Arch based Distros. Downloading Kali 1.0.9 right now and I'll install it and see if it'll boot. If it does that'll kind of confirm that MBUSB works best with Debian based stuff. May download Fedora and OpenSUSE to install just to see if they'll boot from the USB.

P.S.S.
    Well, I'm more then sure now that MultiBootUSB plays well with Debian/Ubuntu based Distros. I installed Peppermint 5 and ZorinOS 9 on my multi-boot usb stick and they booted up no problem. I guess if you want a multi boot usb for Debian/Ubuntu based Distros then this would work as well as anything to make them up with. I'm downloading Fedora so I'll report back on how it does with that.
    Last edited by TNFrank; 08-27-2014 at 10:32 PM.

Just Joined!
    Hi TNFrank,

Just read your latest re multi-boot so I added Fedora 20 LXDE spin to my Yumi multiboot usb. Plugged it into an Acer i5 laptop and booted into fedora with no problems at all. Seems to be running fine.

I have to admit that I'm using a windows 7 box to do all the linux multiboot installs on the Yumi usb.

Yep, I installed Fedora 20 in both 32 and 64 bit with MultiBootUSB to my USB stick and it worked fine. I really wish I knew what was going on with Manjaro and other Arch based stuff and MultiBootUSB. For some reason they just don't work.