Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Awesome OBD II app to use with Android x86 and ELM-327 Adapter.

I found a great OBD II app to use with those inexpensive ELM-327 Bluetooth adapters and Android x86 that's installed onto a USB stick. It's called Piston and it actually gives you lots of live data and I read and cleared a code without it crashing like the others were doing. If anyone likes to tinker with cars and would like to read OBD II codes and get Live data from their car like rpm, water temp, timing, ect. and it's an OBD II compliant car then just download Android x86 rc1 and do an actual install onto a USB stick(not just a Live boot but a real honest to God install) then pick up an ELM-327 Bluetooth Adapter from Amazon for $8 to $10 bucks and Bob's your mom's brother.
    Anyway, just wanted to pass this along to all the car guys on the forum.
    No matter where ya' go, there ya' are.

-->
    Also, here's the adapter I use for my OBD II. It's much cheaper then a OBD II code reader and even if you get the little USB "Nub" to install Android x86 on it's still cheaper.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new

Awesome little USB "nub". 8GB is plenty large enough to run an install of Android x86, even giving it 1024 of memory for persistence.
    Amazon.com: SanDisk Cruzer Fit 8GB USB 2.0 Low-Profile Flash Drive- SDCZ33-008G-B35: Electronics

Here's the "magic" that makes it all happen on your laptop. Android x86.
    http://downloads.sourceforge.net/pro...=softlayer-dal
    No matter where ya' go, there ya' are.