Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

handbrake - which linux distro comes with it pre-installed?

i'm looking for a/many linux system(s) with the video converter, 'handbrake', pre-installed. anyone know which ones those are? feel free to name multiple ^___^.

thank you!.

by the way, i don't want to manually install handbrake. i want it already installed. thanks 4 the help

Not really all that hard to install it onto a Distro that doesn't have it. For Arch based it's "sudo pacman -S handbrake-gtk" IIRC and Debian/Ubuntu would be "sudo apt-get install handbrake-gtk". There's a lot of Distros that I've used that didn't have everything installed that I wanted to use. That's half the fun of Linux, installing extra stuff.
    No matter where ya' go, there ya' are.

thanks 4 the reply.

the reason why i don't want to manually install it is because i like to run every single linux i try from a usb stick without persistent. i don't want to save anything.

one of the many wonders of linux is that i can do everything from a little usb. really neat ^__^.

saving things just messes with my privacy.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    -->
    Hit Distro Watch and check out the "Search" section. Maybe you can find an AV or Movie Distro that'll have it installed out of the box.
    No matter where ya' go, there ya' are.