Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Mint 17 no connection Minecraft (mineshafter)

I successfully downloaded Minecraft and can play single player. I can also add servers, but when try to conneect it wont. I wonder if it might be a port problem but dont know how to view or change ports.

Screenshotmineshafter.jpg

From the looks of the screenshot, two of those servers are connecting fine, but using a different version from you. You'll need to use 1.7.9 to get onto those. Of the other two, I only see the address for one, which does not seem to be connecting atm. So it seems your Minecraft is working fine, but you will need to create a profile that uses 1.7.9, from the Minecraft Launcher, using the options at the bottom left. I probably won't check back here, but if you get that all set up and want to let me know it worked, I'll be on the Element Animation Minecraft server at server.elementanimation.com.

For the record, my intent is not to advertise anything, just to provide the most useful contact info.

-->
    I figured it out, I just needed a server for 1.8 that was also mineshafter. Works great with very little lag. Currently I only have meloncraft running.

$spacer_open
$spacer_close