Find the answer to your Linux question:
SO -- I'm on SourceForge - and I'm coming up pretty short. I don't have the time or talend to code my own app, but I'm looking for the following: ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

database front-end for my record collection - LP's

SO -- I'm on SourceForge - and I'm coming up pretty short. I don't have the time or talend to code my own app, but I'm looking for the following:

I've got a pretty good sized collection of LP's that I want to catalog on my box. I don't have the time to type every one into a database front-end and am looking for something like Video-DB for vinyl.

I want to type the lp title into a field and have the front-end search an online database...presto - filled in fields.

I use grip or sound-juicer and madman for my digital stuff. Works ok for me...NOw I want vinyl. I'll approach my cassettes soon enough I guess (I have zillions - and zillions more "mix" tapes...lots of typing no doubt.

Thanks for any input...oh, and if someone wants to code this for me - let's talk. Give me a resaonable rate, or barter and we'll be in business.

Linux Engineer
    Hey mate,
    I understand your concern, since im a music fan too I had previously programmed a little Gui/DB in C# a while ago but I had to manually enter all the informations... I stoped after like 80th plate... which wasnt quite the last
    I've looked at this CDDB database engine, and im pretty sure I can get it to work, since they have a SDK... Ill make it in no time under windows using .NET, and simply give me a few days to make it in Java under Linux... Or ill simply do it right away in Java Lol... Anyway, i'll try to find your post again when Im done with it
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Just Joined!
    Man - that's some good news.

THanks for your response.

Last night my wife and I looked at all our music and thought -- you know this is one of those tasks that never gets started because it looks like there'll never be an end!

If you can code a quick little ditty i know of a bunch of folks that would be elated.

============================

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    Still waiting for them to release an NON-commercial release :S ill keep you updated
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Just Joined!
    grazzi