Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Peronal PIM, CRM or project management?

I'm looking for some open source SW (for Linux) that can aid me in keeping track of tasks and documentation related to these tasks. I work as a computer consultant for researchers in medical science.
    A typical use case would be:
    A researcher send me an email and want me to find and modify some data. I establish this as a task, maybe as a task with subtasks with task description(s). I may want to link this to other clients and emails. I write a journal linked to this task and person(s), These journal notes should have a time stamp so that I can follow them on a time scale.
    I am trying to use Kontact for this purpose, and while the email and to do parts work quite nice, the journal part is really not what I want. It can only relate a journal to a task, and not to persons, emails or a time line. I've also tried using Evernote as a journaling application, but I don't get the integration with email, tasks and contacts. Besides I don't like to store such data in a cloud application like that.
    I've also looked at CRMs like Sugar and Zimbra, but they have a main focus on collaboration, and would probably be overkill for my needs.

I am using Fedora and KDE.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Knut

Linux Guru
    Have you looked at Evolution? I don't use it for the tasks, just email, contacts and the calendar but it has a tasks component as well.
    Last edited by gregm; 10-29-2014 at 03:33 PM.

I would suggest to go with the cloud based task management software from Replicon. The hassle free tool which is featured with the user friendly and calendar based interface makes it an intuitive tool to work with.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Saint Paul, MN, USA / CentOS, Debian, Slackware, {Free, Open, Net}BSD, Solaris
    Hi.

I have used this personally, and in an enterprise:
    TWiki - the Open Source Enterprise Wiki and Web Application Platform

I have used this personally, but it is not open source:
    TheBrain :: Mind Mapping Software, Brainstorming, GTD and Knowledgebase Software

Best wishes ... cheers, drl
    Welcome - get the most out of the forum by reading forum basics and guidelines: click here.
    90% of questions can be answered by using man pages, Quick Search, Advanced Search, Google search, Wikipedia.
    We look forward to helping you with the challenge of the other 10%.
    ( Mn, 2.6.n, AMD-64 3000+, ASUS A8V Deluxe, 1 GB, SATA + IDE, Matrox G400 AGP )

-->
    From the above views or ideas we get nice information about Online Project Management. This is a very nice approach to deal with the project management.