Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've been trying to make both of these programs work correctly for the last week and I've about had it. I can compile MPlayer just fine, but the GUI never ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Problems with MPlayer and Xine

I've been trying to make both of these programs work correctly for the last week and I've about had it. I can compile MPlayer just fine, but the GUI never works. I've followed all the directions and did exactly what I was supposed to, but it wont load with the GUI. I got fed up with MPlayer and went to Xine. It works pretty well but I can't make the win32 codecs to work. I'm running mandrake 9.1, and any help would be greatly appreciated...

Linux Guru
    You are aware that you must start MPlayer as gmplayer in order to get the GUI, right? You must also install the default skin in order to make it work. And last I compiled MPlayer, you must also specify to configure that you want to compile the GUI code.

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolda2000
    You are aware that you must start MPlayer as gmplayer in order to get the GUI, right? You must also install the default skin in order to make it work. And last I compiled MPlayer, you must also specify to configure that you want to compile the GUI code.
    Oh man what a relief. I had no idea I had to type gmplayer at all. I installed it correctly all along and all I had to do was add 1 little letter. Man all that time wasted for nothing, now I'm mad Well thanks for the help, man I feel stupid right now

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close