Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Photo applications with Auto Adjust

Is there a Linux photo editor/manager that has an auto adjust or auto fix feature? Most of my vacation photos, I just want to do a quick fix to them without playing around with several different slider bars. I've tried several different Linux photo editors but none of them seem to have this feature or else I just don't know where to look for it in the program (digiKam, KRDC,Gimp Image Editor, Dartable, etc).

In GIMP, Colors~>Auto~>White balance then Color enhance(in the same submenu).

The baby Jesus kills a kitten every time you create multiple threads for the same topic.
    Aloof linux user #whatever.

I tested off the charts for MENSA. Unfortunately, it was off the wrong end of the chart.

GIMP => Colors => Curves will take user to a histogram, where I find the simplest adjustments are made, as in the image includedScreenshot - 11182014 - 06:20:18 PM.jpg

Just place a node in center, then adjust the centers of the segments on either side of it as desired.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux User
    Rawtherapee (the website is RawTherapee Blog) is a very nice photo editor IMO. And it automatically adjusts images when you open them. So you have to hit a button to see the original version.

The only part that might be a pain is that is only reads raw camera formats (and PNG's). So if you have you camera set to capture photos as JPEG's you can't use it. But if you want your photos to look as good as possible you'll want to stop using JPEG in the camera anyway. It's better to capture the photos in a loss-free format, make post-processing adjustments, then finally convert to JPEG if you want to publish them online.

Also, Rawtherapee doesn't change the original files. It creates ".pp3" files that describe the adjustments which get applied each time you open the associated photo.

Linux User
    Also, some Linux distro's have Rawtherapee available as packages. So you can use "apt-get" or "yum" to install it and you don't have to download from the website.

Quote Originally Posted by schwim View Post
    In GIMP, Colors~>Auto~>White balance then Color enhance(in the same submenu).

The baby Jesus kills a kitten every time you create multiple threads for the same topic.
    Thanks for the help. I will try that. And I apologize, I am new to the forum & was not sure where to post my question. I will not let that happen again.

Thanks about the tip on Rawtherapee. Not sure my camera can capture in raw camera formats as I have never tried it. I will check it out.

What's your camera make and model?

I tested off the charts for MENSA. Unfortunately, it was off the wrong end of the chart.

Samsung WB250F. May be a European model number as I bought it in Norway last summer when my old camera's lens cracked at the start of the vacation.

-->
    Unfortunately, the manual states that it saves in .jpg only. Rawtherapee(although it's a great app) wouldn't be much good to you.