Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Where does Firefox store its cookies?

I'm on 25.0 (fedora 20), if that makes a difference.

Linux Guru
    doesn't make a difference.

interesting! - and also easily answered by looking at $HOME and entering your question into $searchengine..

if you navigate to ~/.mozilla/firefox/XXXXXXX.default/, you'll see it: cookies.sqlite.
    afaiu, this is an sq-lite database and can't be read/edited with a text editor.
    but, you can manage cookies from within firefox: under preferences, then i don't remeber which tab (i'm using seamonkey), then "manage cookies".

what are you trying to achieve?

I found it - what exactly is a "SQLite database"? Which software can I view the file with?

I was trying to get rid of whateve cookies a particular site was setting. Also wanted to take a look at whatever was inside, actually.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Firefox cookies are stored in ~/.mozilla/*.default/cookies.sqlite. The tilde (~) is your home directory. SQLite is a light-weight SQL database. When you tell Firefox to delete cookies, it removes them from the database. Normally, you will not need to deal with it directly. In many years, I have not had to.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Yeah, so if I want to take a look at em directly, what software do I use?

Will MySQL do it?

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    You can look at them directly in Firefox under Edit->Preferences->Privacy->remove individual cookies.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

-->
    Ah, THAT was what I wanted to know - thanks so much Rubberman!