Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am getting really mad now that I cant network my internet on my linux computer..... Does anyone know of any program that will let me read "microsoft based cd's ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[.::\mandrake cd-rom readable help/.::]

I am getting really mad now that I cant network my internet on my linux computer.....
    Does anyone know of any program that will let me read "microsoft based cd's on a linux computer" I have a microsoft network cd for my network but it cant auto run it on my linux computer so I need a program that will let me run "microsoft based cd's on a linux computer" so that i can finally get my ...INTERNET...

Linux Guru
    Can you try to describe your network infrastructue as closely as possible instead? I don't think you'll be able to accomplish anything by running the CD on a Linux computer.

Just Joined!

ummm

not quite shure it is a microsoft wireless mn-510 usb network i am trying to hook up to my linux computer and i only have a microsoft drivers disk that can only run win compatable....

Linux Guru
    Those USB things always pose problems, and especially since it's a Microsoft thing, I wouldn't get my hopes up too high. I wouldn't be surprised if they had added some proprietary protocol extensions just in order for it not to work on Linux.
    However, I did a search for it on google, and it seems that it's based on the Intersil Prism2.5 chipset. In that case, there is still hope. Check out http://www.linux-wlan.org/, download and install their driver. If you still can't get it to work, join their mailing list and see if they know anything about it.