Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[.::\mandrake cd-rom readable help/.::]

I am getting really mad now that I cant network my internet on my linux computer.....
    Does anyone know of any program that will let me read "microsoft based cd's on a linux computer" I have a microsoft network cd for my network but it cant auto run it on my linux computer so I need a program that will let me run "microsoft based cd's on a linux computer" so that i can finally get my ...INTERNET...

Linux Guru
    Can you try to describe your network infrastructue as closely as possible instead? I don't think you'll be able to accomplish anything by running the CD on a Linux computer.

Just Joined!

ummm

not quite shure it is a microsoft wireless mn-510 usb network i am trying to hook up to my linux computer and i only have a microsoft drivers disk that can only run win compatable....

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    Those USB things always pose problems, and especially since it's a Microsoft thing, I wouldn't get my hopes up too high. I wouldn't be surprised if they had added some proprietary protocol extensions just in order for it not to work on Linux.
    However, I did a search for it on google, and it seems that it's based on the Intersil Prism2.5 chipset. In that case, there is still hope. Check out http://www.linux-wlan.org/, download and install their driver. If you still can't get it to work, join their mailing list and see if they know anything about it.