Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Google-chrome: Finding and organizing bookmarks

I used to be able to manage bookmarks ok, but I think things got updated and I don't know how this works. I used to select: 'bookmark this page' and them Google-chrome wouls ask me where to store it. Now I get a screen. It tells me it bookmarked it and I find it in 'Other Bookmarks':
    I try to manage my bookmarks to put the bookmarks that go into 'other bookmarks' and I don't see how to do that.

Is there a way to put the bookmarks where I want? Is there a way to change the view of Google-Chrome. It used to be a lot easier, with a list view instead of icons, and how do I move things around?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Linux Guru
    The star that is in the url field is for setting a bookmark in more recent versions of chromium. It sets the bookmark in the last used folder but it opens a small dialog when it does so and you can click edit, remove, or finished. Edit will bring up a dialog allowing you to select a folder.

-->
    Google-chrome used to do that. Now it only tells me it's bookmarked and I find it in other bookmarks. It doesn't give me the edit option. I also can't find a way to manage the bookmarks so as to move them around.

I tried to upload snap shots but it isn't working. I can't open anything. So don't know how to show what it looks like.

Maybe Google-chrome got messed up. I'm using Debian Wheezy.

$spacer_open
$spacer_close