Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Question Is There a Linux RTF Editor Which Can Use Dropbox?

I'm converting an Android tablet to Linux, and I'd like to be able to create RTF files, but I'd also like to be able to store them in Dropbox. Is there a Linux RFT editor which can use Dropbox for file storage and retrieval?

How about installing Dropbox and edit it in the Dropbox directory?

Quote Originally Posted by xuhdev View Post
    How about installing Dropbox and edit it in the Dropbox directory?
    I didn't think I could do that.

Also, will any Linux program work on an ARM version of a Linux distribution, or does the program have to be compiled for ARM?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by JMan07 View Post
    I didn't think I could do that.

Also, will any Linux program work on an ARM version of a Linux distribution, or does the program have to be compiled for ARM?
    Almost all open source programs do support (architecture independent), but Dropbox doesn't, for the reason their source code is invisible and they don't build a public ARM binary.

Are you tied to Dropbox? Does any other sync service work for you?

Quote Originally Posted by xuhdev View Post
    Almost all open source programs do support (architecture independent), but Dropbox doesn't, for the reason their source code is invisible and they don't build a public ARM binary.

Are you tied to Dropbox? Does any other sync service work for you?
    I also have a box.com account, but any free cloud service is fine.

The easy way to do this is to use Google Drive and Google Docs. Install Chrome browser and you're ready to go. I think there is a chrome binary available for ARM, there certainly is for Android, and a large percentage of Chromebooks have ARM CPUs. As a last resort, you can edit the files locally, then open a browser and upload them to Dropbox or whatever storage you like.

Okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-->
    Quote Originally Posted by JMan07 View Post
    I also have a box.com account, but any free cloud service is fine.
    You can try ownCloud, which you can set up by yourself. Both client and server are open source. If you don't want to set up a server, you can use the server provided by ownDrive

I'm still curious how Chrome browser differs from other browser for Google Drive here....