Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I was wondering if there was an application similar to Microsoft OneNote for Linux. I want to format my laptop and give Gentoo a try, but I need an ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

M$ App Alternative for Linux

Hello,

I was wondering if there was an application similar to Microsoft OneNote for Linux. I want to format my laptop and give Gentoo a try, but I need an application like this on there.

Thanks.

Linux Newbie
    What's M$ onenote do?

I've never heard of it before, and if it's a special program, then the same probably goes for most others here...

You could always try to WINE it...

Just Joined!
    Here's a link about what OneNote is:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/onen...o/default.mspx

The version I have is OneNote 2003 (I'm pretty sure its the only version because the program just came out in the past year or two) and doesn't work under wine. So I was hoping that there might be a linux alternative. It would be nice if OpenOffice.org included something like this.

Linux Newbie
    hmmm, interesting.

I don't know about ALL of it, but...

The GIMP can do everything but the audio stuff, though GIMP is more of a photoshop alternate than anything.

I'm sure you can insert Sounds into OpenOffice Impress (Powerpoint), and you can also do the type anywhere, but I'm not sure about pen input.

And OpenOffice ummm... the one that is the alternate to M$ Publisher (Can't remember name)... I think that one might actually be able to do it all. Give it a try.

Good Luck- and if all else fails- try google!

Just Joined!
    Also am looking for something like that, would be great for the Tablet PC users.