Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Airport/payment software

Hello, I work in an airport and we dont have a to good app for extra baggage, ticket scanning, etc. I would need to know a GOOD command line app for this, or if someone could make one. I mostly need payments, and extra baggage as the rest we have. Just a app on command line so I can select type of baggage, kilos, payment, etc.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    How good are your coding skills? I have no clue about available applications (try a google/duckduckgo search to find possibilities). You may need to write one.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    How good are your coding skills? I have no clue about available applications (try a google/duckduckgo search to find possibilities). You may need to write one.
    Im not really good with coding. I tried searching, some people directed me here. For writing, again not much clues, if anyone could help me that would be good.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    First: Noone can create a tool based on these rough specifikations.
    They are not even specifications, they are barely sketches.

Second: Creating software costs at the very least effort and time.
    And not seldom money.

Third: Even if someone wrote a application or you paid a company to create one: How would you install it on your work PC?
    Very likely the airport IT staff will have a word with you, if you do.

Fourth: This airport IT staff, your manager and further down the software company of your current tools would be the first to contact about feature requests.
    You must always face the curtain with a bow.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    -->
    First, provide a complete list of requirements, in as much detail as possible, along with how you want to interface with these services. You mention command-line tools. What about web applications?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!