Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello. I am trying to watch anime on my SuSE system. I have been fine for the logest time and i guess they switched audio codecs but here is the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mplayer Audio codec issues.

Hello. I am trying to watch anime on my SuSE system. I have been fine for the logest time and i guess they switched audio codecs but here is the issue i now get.

I do not know how to import codecs in Mplayer. I went to their site and downloaded this massive codec pack. (don't know if it has audio or not) Its just a compression file and i have no idea were to put all these files. Any download links to my missing audio codec or a way to apply codecs to Mplayer would be great. Also I am open to other video players that will handle my problem. I would have gone with VLC media player but no SuSE. Any help would be great.

Just Joined!
    OK, I am new to linux. Well I can use it for basic tasks use YasT and what not but if I download the VLC source can i install it on my SuSE system?

Edit: Typo's.

Linux Enthusiast
    extract the codecs file to /usr/local/lib/codecs with the command
    Code:
    tar -xv%f <package-name> -C /usr/local/lib/codecs
    replace the % with j if it is a .bz2 file, and z if it is a gz file.
    If you compiled mplayer, you may need to recompile and install it, otherwise, it should work fine from this point forward.

Just Joined!
    OK, Thanks. I have reinstalled everything and its all great now