Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Importing bookmarks into Firefox?

Using Crunchbang 32 bit
    Firefox ESR45.4.0

Is there a way to import bookmarks into Firefox and have it replace the bookmarks already in there?

I have an html file I exported from Chromium. I tried importing it through 'import and backup' and I don't know if it did anything.

Joe

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeS
    Is there a way to import bookmarks into Firefox and have it replace the bookmarks already in there?
    not quite so, but it is easy enough if you go Bookmarks => Organize All Bookmarks and simply delete everything that's there, then use the import function from the same window.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeS
    Using Crunchbang 32 bit
    Firefox ESR45.4.0
    you are using an outdated operating system, and an up-to-date firefox version.
    not sure how you accomplished that (and it doesn't matter for this thread) but this might very well cause problems.

may i suggest to switch to bunsenlabs asap? it works well in 32bit, on equally old computers as crunchbang did.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    -->
    Firefox sync works well for me. I think you can run sync between a version 45.x and 50.x.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

$spacer_open
$spacer_close