Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Ok first is I have all that I need to use it and I have checked yowwww's guide but none of it has worked for me. I have tried the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Alright now dcgui-qt is getting on my last nerve

Ok first is I have all that I need to use it and I have checked yowwww's guide but none of it has worked for me.
    I have tried the rpms the source I have doen every thing you could think of. here is what I get when trying what the dcgui guide says on their site this is from "make"

[daniel@localhost dclib-0.2.15]$ make
    cd . \
    && CONFIG_FILES= CONFIG_HEADERS=config.h \
    /bin/sh ./config.status
    config.status: creating config.h
    config.status: config.h is unchanged
    config.status: executing default-1 commands
    make all-recursive
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/daniel/programs/dcgui2/dclib-0.2.15'
    Making all in dclib
    make[2]: Entering directory `/home/daniel/programs/dcgui2/dclib-0.2.15/dclib'
    Making all in core
    make[3]: Entering directory `/home/daniel/programs/dcgui2/dclib-0.2.15/dclib/core'
    source='casyncdns.cpp' object='casyncdns.lo' libtool=yes \
    depfile='.deps/casyncdns.Plo' tmpdepfile='.deps/casyncdns.TPlo' \
    depmode=gcc3 /bin/sh ../../admin/depcomp \
    /bin/sh ../../libtool --silent --mode=compile --tag=CXX g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -Wall -pedantic -W -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -O2 -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -D_REENTRANT -Wall -I/usr/include/libxml2 -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -Wall -pedantic -W -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -O2 -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -c -o casyncdns.lo `test -f casyncdns.cpp || echo './'`casyncdns.cpp
    In file included from /usr/include/openssl/ssl.h:179,
    from csocket.h:35,
    from casyncdns.cpp:31:
    /usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:72:18: krb5.h: No such file or directory
    In file included from /usr/include/openssl/ssl.h:179,
    from csocket.h:35,
    from casyncdns.cpp:31:
    /usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:132: 'krb5_enctype' is used as a type, but is not
    defined as a type.
    /usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:134: parse error before `*' token
    /usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:147: parse error before `*' token
    /usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:151: parse error before `*' token
    /usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:153: parse error before `*' token
    /usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:155: parse error before `*' token
    /usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:157: parse error before `*' token
    /usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:159: `krb5_context' was not declared in this scope
    /usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:159: parse error before `,' token
    /usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:160: `krb5_context' was not declared in this scope
    /usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:160: parse error before `,' token
    /usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:163: `krb5_timestamp' was not declared in this
    scope
    /usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:163: parse error before `,' token
    /usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:165: parse error before `*' token
    /usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:167: `krb5_enctype' was not declared in this scope
    /usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:167: parse error before `,' token
    make[3]: *** [casyncdns.lo] Error 1
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/daniel/programs/dcgui2/dclib-0.2.15/dclib/core'
    make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/daniel/programs/dcgui2/dclib-0.2.15/dclib'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/daniel/programs/dcgui2/dclib-0.2.15'
    make: *** [all] Error 2

Now I know I have posted this before but I have tried EVERYTHING as I stated I tried yowwww's guide I have tried the guid on the site I tried rpms I tried source I have all the dependencies so I don't get it

Just Joined!
    ohh and here is what I get when trying to do what he said about getting wine and kazaa lite to work on linux

[daniel@localhost dclib-0.2.15]$ cd /mnt/windows/windows
    [daniel@localhost windows]$ dir
    klitekpp210b3e.exe Program\ Files windows
    [daniel@localhost windows]$ wine klitekpp210b3e.exe
    wine: chdir to /tmp/.wine-daniel/server-307-5faf5 : No such file or directory
    [daniel@localhost windows]$

Linux Guru
    Don't count on getting Wine to work. I don't use it myself, since I don't use Windows programs anymore, but there are a lot here on this forum getting these errors and none seem to have solved them.

As for dc-gui, it seems that your OpenSSL has been strangely compiled (since I can't imagine that it's supposed to be that way). It seems to be requiring that the Kerberos V libraries and development files are installed. Try installing the krb5-devel package (you were using RedHat, right?) and see if it works.
    Otherwise, if you'd like to try something different, you could try the DCPRO (I think I'm going to change that name some day) that I have written. It's not fully functional yet (it is, for example, completely unable to operate on file lists), but I'm using it and find it great, except for some bugs that remain to straighten out. It does have some advantages, though, that I like (it was therefore I wrote it, after all). For example, its interface made it very easy for me to write an automatic downloader, that will automatically search for episodes from TV series and download them. It's working very well, IMHO. If you want to try it, check it out at http://sourceforge.net/projects/dcprod/. The installation is completely undocumented, but if you run into problems, just ask me.

Linux Enthusiast
    have you visited my red hat 9 page? that is where the things that are directly related to red hat 9 reside.

I specifically say that for installing wine and kazaa that I have not gotten it to work in red hat 9. I offer some ideas to try, but I don't etch anything in stone.

I have not tried dc-gui yet on red hat 9 either. Maybe I will give that a shot and see if it works and post back.

If you are using red hat 9, then you might have better luck with edonkey. You should be able to use the same directions on my guide for that since I am using a source file and it should be pretty standard.

Linux Enthusiast
    ok, here ya go, it worked perfectly for me:

Code:
    su
    Password:
    [root@ctmlinux dc]# rpm -ivh dcgui-qt-0.2.15-1.i386.rpm
    error: Failed dependencies:
            libdc.so.0 is needed by dcgui-qt-0.2.15-1
    [root@ctmlinux dc]# ls
    dcgui-qt-0.2.15-1.i386.rpm  dclib-0.2.15-1.i386.rpm
    [root@ctmlinux dc]# rpm -ivh dclib-0.2.15-1.i386.rpm
    Preparing...                ########################################### [100%]
       1:dclib                  ########################################### [100%]
    [root@ctmlinux dc]# rpm -ivh dcgui-qt-0.2.15-1.i386.rpm
    Preparing...                ########################################### [100%]
       1:dcgui-qt               ########################################### [100%]
    just type dcgui-qt in the terminal
    or alt-f2 and type dcgui-qt

I added instructions to my guide also on the red hat 9 page. It took me about 30 seconds to install and run. One of the easiest apps to get going.

Cheers!

Just Joined!
    ^^^^
    but you see I think their is some thing wrong with mine because when I install it with rpm it says it's done BUT when I try and run it, it wont start

BTW the forum on dcgui's site has blocked my ip for asking how to get it to work

Just Joined!
    One more thing I have tried edonkey and limewire and many others and the only one I have gotten to work is overnet BUT it only goes at 5K when I have gotten 500K on kazaa

Just Joined!

Linux Enthusiast
    Sorry, I can't recall, what linux distro are you using?

If you want (if you haven't already), you might wanna msg me on gaim. I see that you have Aim - mine handle on it is, of course, yowwww.

We could probably get a lot more accomplished thru there.

Just Joined!
    are you sure I tried that and it didn't work i got
    user is unavailable

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast