Find the answer to your Linux question:
My aunt is running Windows, and has the entire Microsft Office suite, except, for some reason, Powerpoint, which she desperately needs. Is there any site from which or any way ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Downloading individual Open Office Programs

My aunt is running Windows, and has the entire Microsft Office suite, except, for some reason, Powerpoint, which she desperately needs. Is there any site from which or any way she could install just Impress, or will she have to take the whole Open Office suite?

I believe that you can choose what components to install from the OOo installer. You do, however, have to download the whole thing.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Linux Enthusiast
    The programs are totally interconnected... They're all pieces of the same program really. And it would probably be better to just install the whole thing anyways, especially given the horrible example of programming gone wrong (very) known as MS Word.
    I mean, excel and powerpoint are okay, I like Impress and Calc a lot better, but MS should be paying people to use Word. Word has been in DIRE need of a total rewrite for too many years now.
    Emotions are the key to the soul.
    Registered Linux User #375050

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close