Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Banned

Best document format for reading with smallest file size.

Hi I am Rupesh from India and I have the habit of reading ebooks on android tab. I am having upto 25 GB of PDF books.

I have downloaded the PDF books legally and with the permission of site owner if you don't trust me I am ready to provide it's address.

Previously I have downloaded a djvu file of size 7 mb from some web site and at that time I can't find any reader for opening and reading it so I have converted it to PDF and surprisingly the PDF file generated was 300 mb.

Upon analyzing the above anyone can say that there is another format for document reading with lowest file size.

Upon compressing to another format I think that total size of files may be reduced to 5 to 6 GB.

Actually the PDF files I have consists of scanned images from a text book. I think that djvu is the best format for storing scanned images at lowest file size.

If you know any other format for document reading with smallest file size please suggest it and also the software which converts PDF to it. If you think djvu is the best please suggest a converter which converts in batch from PDF to djvu.

Regards,
    Rupesh.

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by rupeshforu3 View Post
    Hi I am Rupesh from India and I have the habit of reading ebooks on android tab. I am having upto 25 GB of PDF books.
    try reading them then you might learn something.
    I have downloaded the PDF books legally and with the permission of site owner if you don't trust me I am ready to provide it's address.
    no one cares
    Previously I have downloaded a djvu file of size 7 mb from some web site and at that time I can't find any reader for opening and reading it so I have converted it to PDF and surprisingly the PDF file generated was 300 mb.
    and? did you read about what that file format is and why its prefered?
    Upon analyzing the above anyone can say that there is another format for document reading with lowest file size. Upon compressing to another format I think that total size of files may be reduced to 5 to 6 GB.
    great so do it then. nothing stopping you from researching many other formats and compressions tools and experimenting.
    Actually the PDF files I have consists of scanned images from a text book. I think that djvu is the best format for storing scanned images at lowest file size.
    so why did you then bother to convert it to pdf then whine about how large it was?
    If you know any other format for document reading with smallest file size please suggest it and also the software which converts PDF to it. If you think djvu is the best please suggest a converter which converts in batch from PDF to djvu.
    write a script. but according to you it takes reading 10,000 books and spending years in school learning to write a script, so you ask for handouts to do so.

want a tool that does it? find someone who can type 'convert djvu to pdf in linux" into google and press enter. ask them to read the first few results to you.

Banned
    To habit

I know that you will definitely reply to my threads simply saying that "you have created 500 to 600 threads in various forums so have you followed all the suggestions given by others in those 600 threads"

Instead of specifying link to single thread do one thing collect all the web page links of all the threads created in all forums and list then say simply have you followed the above. If you do like this it will be more and more interesting and even you will become a hero in this world because no one has done like this.

Like you in this forum and tbone in Linux questions behave same I stopped visiting your site's.

You can ask that even though you are a computer student before you don't know simple things but the fact is that I have done a lot research in internals of computers hardware and software like switching theory and logic design,diodes,transistors interfacing through microprocessors, OSI layers, TCP IP protocols, operating systems semaphore's, processor scheduling, paging and segmentation, mutual exclusion etc.,. But unfortunately up to now I shown less interest on shell and computer programming. I have done research on the above subjects up to 10 years and at present no one are providing a job related to computer science I have stopped doing research.

I know that you are an expert in the subject of the current thread but may I ask few questions
    1. What do you mean by bi polar junction transistor, fet, MOSFET, UJT.
    2. What do you mean by mutex
    3. What do you mean by aloha

Like the above I can ask many more.

You can't give answers to above questions exactly but I can similarly I don't have complete knowledge on the questions about I am asking and to clarify those I am asking.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux User
    To habit
    I know that you will definitely reply to my threads simply saying that "you have created 500 to 600 threads in various forums so have you followed all the suggestions given by others in those 600 threads"
    yet i didnt. you create threads everywhere, get told 'did you try anything?", to which you reply 'no, but plz give me script, because ive only been using linux for ten years now, and in order to write a simple bash script, id have to read 10000 books and i dont want to".
    Instead of specifying link to single thread do one thing collect all the web page links of all the threads created in all forums and list then say simply have you followed the above. If you do like this it will be more and more interesting and even you will become a hero in this world because no one has done like this.
    no clue what your saying here
    Like you in this forum and tbone in Linux questions behave same I stopped visiting your site's.
    obvious lie since you posted here isnt it? and no one is really going to be sad if you dont post this junk
    You can ask that even though you are a computer student before you don't know simple things but the fact is that I have done a lot research in internals of computers hardware and software like switching theory and logic design,diodes,transistors interfacing through microprocessors, OSI layers, TCP IP protocols, operating systems semaphore's, processor scheduling, paging and segmentation, mutual exclusion etc.,. But unfortunately up to now I shown less interest on shell and computer programming. I have done research on the above subjects up to 10 years and at present no one are providing a job related to computer science I have stopped doing research.
    dont care what your 'interest" is. if you want something work for it. if you want a handout go pay someone, simple as that. you keep going on about all this knowledge you have, your 'addiction" to linux, but cant do ANYTHING for yourself. your a liar. your lazy. thats all there is to it. and no one will provide you a job unless you display knowledge or effort. you dont, despite you claiming to know all this stuff. im sure you display the same laziness in a job interview as you do everywhere else. there is not a SINGLE FORUM where you dont display this exact behavior and youve done it for years.
    I know that you are an expert in the subject of the current thread but may I ask few questions
    1. What do you mean by bi polar junction transistor, fet, MOSFET, UJT.
    in cutoff, linear, or saturation mode?
    2. What do you mean by mutex
    multiple threads, same source..same as its been for years.
    3. What do you mean by aloha
    either you mean the hawian word or the network protocol.

and i dont mean anything by them...so asking 'what do you mean" is wrong.
    Like the above I can ask many more.
    wow im sure your mighty brain can ask lots of things. too bad you cant figure out google or how to write a bash script.
    You can't give answers to above questions exactly but I can similarly I don't have complete knowledge on the questions about I am asking and to clarify those I am asking.
    did answer them. and its never about you having 'complete knowledge", but you not even TRYING. you are lazy and stupid, period. you spend more time trying to get people to give you handouts, than you do trying to solve your own problems. because your lazy.

Banned
    Today I googled to cut last field of a text file and one of the suggestion was

awk '{print $NF}'

Unfortunately they have not specified file name.

Instead of searching web for such incomplete suggestions I would prefer suggestions from expert people like you. If you think it is a sin I can't understand your rules to follow so that I can be a gentleman in your view.

Linux User
    Today I googled to cut last field of a text file and one of the suggestion was

awk '{print $NF}'

Unfortunately they have not specified file name. Instead of searching web for such incomplete suggestions I would prefer suggestions from expert people like you. If you think it is a sin I can't understand your rules to follow so that I can be a gentleman in your view.
    grow up and quit whining. again you spend more time begging for handouts than you do working. there are 10,000's of bash scripts you can find in about 30 seconds. if you dont have the brain power to look them up then hire someone to babysit you. instead of taking that you got and seeing how you can make it work you post a single line with no context and beg for a script yet again. this crap about 'i can be a gentleman"is getting really old..you are lazy because you dont work. you wander around forums until you get banned, doing this. you dont ever seem to realize why and blame EVERYONE but you.

funny you ignore my whole last reply. not going to ask me anymore of your 'really hard" questions?

Linux Guru
    best document format for reading with smallest file size.
    that would be plain text.

there's hope?

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by nihili View Post
    that would be plain text.
    ha. was going to say the same thing, but figured itd be 'plz to be posting the script to convert djvu to text so i can be a gentleman" after that...
    there's hope?
    apparently not since he lied in this very thread. said 'i have stopped visiting your sites"...right after they posted. and theyre still at lq and here often, so he obviously is a liar.

Banned
    Hahahah if I visited your site can you specify a thread which is created by me from the past 2 months.

Linux User
    -->
    Hahahah if I visited your site can you specify a thread which is created by me from the past 2 months.
    hahahahhaha is right because when you log in to a site like here or lq, it puts on your profile the last date you logged in. so EVERYONE can see you had visited the site and you have once again got caught lying.

again, you have proven yourself to be a lazy liar. from lq THIS MORNING...showing you logged in yesterday. same profile where you CLAIM TO HAVE AN OCCUPATION IN SYSTEM MAINTENANCE,
    experience in ANY linux, bsd, solaris, and sco, and experimenting and learning (???) since 2002. yeah.....
    r3.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by habit; 11-26-2017 at 02:56 PM.