Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi everyone, trying to install apollon "all-in-one" (apolon-installer-0.7.run) on my suse 9.2 system. this what i get: *************************************** root:/tmp # sh ./apollon-installer-0.7.run Verifying archive integrity... All good. Uncompressing Apollon........................................... ............... ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Apollon poblems...pls help!?

hi everyone,
    trying to install apollon "all-in-one" (apolon-installer-0.7.run) on my suse 9.2 system.
    this what i get:
    root:/tmp # sh ./apollon-installer-0.7.run
    Verifying archive integrity... All good.
    Uncompressing Apollon........................................... ...............
    .................................................. .....................
    .................................................. .......................

Please wait while the Arkollon installer is compiled

This may take a few moments

root:/tmp #
    and that's it...nothing happends???
    where did i go wrong?
    pls. help
    maby you know some other way to install apollon...i have checked this forum and i-net...but nowhere a good instructions can be found...(for a newB... )
    thnx in advance

Linux Engineer
    Dont double post please http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/top...tml&highlight=

If no error, have you try to run the thing?
    've never used this program, but when there no error, it usually meen's its installed....
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Just Joined!

apollon problem in Fedora ....

I installed Gift, gift gnutella, gift-fasttrack and then apollon. All went perfect. Went to run it and it asked for some file quickly and poped a directory browser. My computer is in limbo til I till it what it is looking for....

Anyone have any clue what it wanted? If it is just a shared directory that would be cool, but I think it was some kind of config file ....

Just Joined!
    i believe what you're referring to is when the program sets up, it looks for your giFT installation (which i think the default is /usr/lib/giFT) i'm using MEPIS so ymmv... also, (at least in mepis), i could not get the 'all-in-one' installer to work, ever... what i did was go to the Apollon website, download from their links each individual plugin (fasttrack, gnutella, ares and openft) and compile them from source (the method i like best, because if something goes wrong, i have more info during the compile)...
    once compiling is done, start up Apollon again, go to Settings>Configure>Advanced>Add Plugins... when you do, it will open up that directory where the plugins were installed and they should be there...