Find the answer to your Linux question:
I want to start a new thread since my question didn't get answered on the other one on the same topic. If I burn my mp3 with k3b in linux ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Music with k3b

I want to start a new thread since my question didn't get answered on the other one on the same topic.

If I burn my mp3 with k3b in linux my cd player in my car errors out
    if I burn the cd in the same machine using Roxio in windows it plays great in the car. I have even tried to burn extraslow in linux but to no avail.
    Any Ideas?
    Mike
    Is this even possible does anybody else burn mp3's ok in k3b?
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

Linux Enthusiast
    I've heard of this happenning because the reader couldn't read mp3's but if it worked form Roxio... Try comaring options from each program, i.e. format, extensions, things like that, make sure that they are set the same for each program.

I can burn .wav files to cd and play them ok with K3B, I'm not sure if some cd players can read any other extension, correct me if I'm wrong.
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by smindinvern
    I've heard of this happenning because the reader couldn't read mp3's but if it worked form Roxio... Try comaring options from each program, i.e. format, extensions, things like that, make sure that they are set the same for each program.
    I am not too sure what you mean-
    I have a folder called music and in it I have music.mp3
    I open k3b and click audio cd then I change dir to music/mp3 and click the songs I want then when the green bar goes almost to the end I click burn and usually slow it down to 8x then click burn. It is exactly the same in roxio in windows. I can't think of any differences between the two. I would convert to wav as mentioned but my cd player in the car won't read .wav and even if it did I would kind of expect that I shouldn't have to.
    Are other people having the same issue or is it just me?
    What about cd Roast is that a better program than k3b?
    Mike
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

Just Joined!

advanced options...

Well you should look before burning you have acces to options, might be just advanced options in the k3b menus. But you have sumwhere the choice of the extension (ex.: Jolliet 9660) in windows jolliet 9660 is almost used, but k3b is used to nurn with jolliet 9554 or sumthing like that.
    You will also see when you ld find the right place that you have , way more codec choices in your k3b than roxio :P so if on type isnt working as great as you need, well try another one... im pretty sure depending of your kernel that new extensions are maybe even downloable!
    So don't panic and look around your k3b for more options on how to burn, you ll find a specific area where you choose if you ll try to simulate before to burn, once you're there be carefull for the jolliet option and try to change it. If it wont change the extension for permissions trouble, try to start k3b as root (log as root by console and type k3b) it happens on older distros.

*H3*Dave

have you checked to make sure that k3b is aware of an mp3 decoder?
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333