Find the answer to your Linux question:
Im currently having problems with Mozilla mail since the incoming TCP port for Mozilla mail on hotmail has now been filtered which makes it next to impossible for me to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

mail organiser program

Im currently having problems with Mozilla mail since the incoming TCP port for Mozilla mail on hotmail has now been filtered which makes it next to impossible for me to receive email.
    Could anyone suggest to me some decent mail organising programs that would make an ideal substitute ???

cheers

Just Joined!
    you want a gmail account? i have lots of invites. and gmail works great with evolution and thunderbird

edit: typo

Linux User
    I've had no (recent) problems with nerdshack/mailshack. It's a completely free/anonymous service with no ads, 100MB, POP3/SMTP, and webmail. I had some problems early on, but since they've moved to new servers everything's been fine. The one thing I can't speak to is speed, since I'm on dialup, but the logins are fast.

I know it's hard to decide to switch email providers, but you know Microsoft is going to continue to take advantage of that fact to the fullest.
    Michael Salivar

Man knows himself insofar as he knows the world, becoming aware of it only in himself, and of himself only within it.
    --Goethe

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Im actually seeking a mail organising program (in other words a linux substitute for Microsoft outlook) rather than just a regular web-based mail account.

Linux User
    Sorry, I think we both started giving suggestions because getting hotmail to work with an MUA is pretty futile these days unless you pay for their faux-POP support. Even if you do that, I think you still need either an MUA plugin or seperate MTA to bring it in since, last I checked, they use a somewhat proprietary protocol that isn't widely supported.

So my suggestion is, either shell out the cash and get one of these hack MTA's, or switch to a better email provider. I set one of these up in a Java VM on a friend's Windows computer (back before they started charging, not sure of it's status), and I think it should work with Linux too. I'll look it up tomorrow when I'm over there.

But then, I may be talking out my ass. I haven't had a need to fiddle with it lately, and things could have changed drastically.
    Michael Salivar

Man knows himself insofar as he knows the world, becoming aware of it only in himself, and of himself only within it.
    --Goethe