Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm looking for a way to sync my PocketPc/Outlook system with the open world, closest I can get to a simple solution that I can run multipile times a day ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Yahoo Calendar

I'm looking for a way to sync my PocketPc/Outlook system with the open world, closest I can get to a simple solution that I can run multipile times a day without major annoyance is using Yahoo's Intellisync to sync my Outlook Calendar/Contacts etc with the Yahoo interface. Does anyone know of a program similar/script that could bring that data down to an Evolution calendar in a similar way? Evolution seems to have a webcal function of some sort, but I can't seem to figure out exactly how that works.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Linux Guru
    I guess I'm confused. You're looking for away to sync Palm > Yahoo > Evolution? Why not just Evolution <> Palm <> Yahoo. That's the way that I have to do it at work.

Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

Linux User
    Is this the kind of thing you're looking for?
    http://outport.sourceforge.net/
    It hasn't seen a release in over a year, but maybe it will give others an idea what you're looking for if it is.
    Michael Salivar

Man knows himself insofar as he knows the world, becoming aware of it only in himself, and of himself only within it.
    --Goethe

Problem is PocketPC not palm, I have gone through the ringer to get basic support for it once, but I had too many issues with synchronization (ie deleted appointments and the like) support is supposed to be much better now, but it would be nice to have the Yahoo method (or some other web-based app) to allow universal access to that information. I already have squirrelmail running against my IMAP server, so I can almost run a mobile office!
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333