Find the answer to your Linux question:
I updated my Slackware from 10.0 to 10.1 with slapt-get and my KDE broke down. KDEINIT is missing / or something. And some of KDE apps wont work too. bash-3.00$ ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

KDE problem

I updated my Slackware from 10.0 to 10.1 with slapt-get and my KDE broke down.

KDEINIT is missing / or something.

And some of KDE apps wont work too.

bash-3.00$ kmix
    kmix: error while loading shared libraries: libidn.so.11: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Linux Engineer
    Since this might have deleted/edited/changed current configuration, you might want to update/re-install your KDE environment...

KDE 3.3 is out and stable and available here

Hope this helps
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

The exact same thing happened to me. What I had to do is reinstall the old version from the CD. Take your CD I think it is the second one mount it in a command line
    su -
    <password>
    mount /mnt/cdrom
    cd /mnt/cdrom
    ls # this will give you a list of what is on the cd you are looking for something like kde.tgz if you don't find it look on the other disk
    once you locate it
    cp kde.tgz /usr/local/src
    cd /usr/local/src
    installpkg kde.tgz # this is the only command needed it will install itself
    shutdown -r now # this reboots system.
    This should get you back to the old version and you can keep trying to upgrade and go back and do this again or live with the older version (which I do)
    Let me know if this is not clear. Hope this helps
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Well..

I screwed little bit more, so i had to reinstall linux.

But thanks for advice, hope somebody gets info about this post