Find the answer to your Linux question:
I need an application that will keep track of users and bills and invoices. It could maybe also send invoices electronically. Is there any such monster out there? Any Ideas? ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Linux equiv to Quickbooks?

I need an application that will keep track of users and bills and invoices. It could maybe also send invoices electronically. Is there any such monster out there? Any Ideas?

Note: I would like something that does that stuff; I really don't want to run Quickbooks on wine or with some other emulator. I would like to find a totally different app altogether if possible.
    Thanks,
    Mike
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

Linux Guru
    Like Quicken:
    http://kmymoney2.sourceforge.net/
    http://www.gnucash.org/

Very powerful and robust, like Quickbooks:
    http://www.sql-ledger.org/

What we really need is TurboTax for Linux. WTF is taking them so long???
    Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

Thanks Jeremy,

I don't know, but honestly, I have to pay a CPA so it wouldn't do me much good.
    I have checked out gnu cash already. I haven't found it quite robust enough for my needs yet.
    I haven't heard of sql-ledger.org I will check those out.
    BTW is Quicken a business app or or a consumer. Meaning I don't think it works with customers. I don't need a personal finance app I need something that I can use for billing customers and keeping track of them. Maybe I was unclear.
    I really need a billing application.,
    Will the sql-ledger do that? do you know?
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy1701

Very powerful and robust, like Quickbooks:
    http://www.sql-ledger.org/

What we really need is TurboTax for Linux. WTF is taking them so long???
    Jeremy
    Jeremy I think this is exactly what I am looking for I am going to check it out.
    Thanks again,
    Mike
    -- Linus Torvalds

Just Joined!

Business AccountZ

You can check Business AccountZ.

They have a good rating on Amazon.CO.UK as I didn't find it on Amazon.com.

This one, you buy one and you get the CD that can install the software on Windows - Mac - Linux.

I wish all the software companies were doing just that (especially Adobe CS2).
    I got in touch with the software company, they told me that a Business Accountz Pro was on his coming out for stock and supplier management included and should be there available from July 2007.

Here is their website.

Here is the forum where it has been explained to me: May 2007 - Still nothing to replace Quickbooks Pro ? - Ubuntu Forums

Hope this help