Find the answer to your Linux question:
I recently installed GAIM on my MDK10 (KDE3.2) when I try adding an account, the following error appears at console: # gaim gaim: symbol lookup error: gaim: undefined symbol: gtk_combo_box_new_with_model ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

GAIM adding account prblm

I recently installed GAIM on my MDK10 (KDE3.2) when I try adding an account, the following error appears at console:

# gaim
    gaim: symbol lookup error: gaim: undefined symbol: gtk_combo_box_new_with_model

Am I missing a gtk lib here? or what?

Any help would be appreciated.

Make sure your gtk+ is up to date. Also, you may want to re-install it anyway to see if something went missing...

***Moving to Linux Applications***
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Linux Newbie
    lost me there..if i understand correctly, gtk libs can be updated but one glance at the list of installed software shows dozens of gtk related libs and files. Is there a simple way to update all these without messing up my box?

POST SCRIPTUM: I'm a relative newbie to linux and i find the OS config to be in disparate pieces. I wish KDE or the distros could put It all together in one package.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalani
    lost me there..if i understand correctly, gtk libs can be updated but one glance at the list of installed software shows dozens of gtk related libs and files. Is there a simple way to update all these without messing up my box?

POST SCRIPTUM: I'm a relative newbie to linux and i find the OS config to be in disparate pieces. I wish KDE or the distros could put It all together in one package.
    Not sure which lib that would be in. I'd update them all just because.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Just Joined!
    try upgrading both Gtk and Gaim. Gaim usually has a few errors in itself from time to time. As for the Gtk, you might have some Gtk libs missing which might need installing. Try re-installing both and see what happens.