Find the answer to your Linux question:
I installed gnutella and it works great. I browsed through the setup options and i noticed that incomplete files are stored in /tmp dir. I open /tmp and saw that ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Gtk-Gnutella /tmp

I installed gnutella and it works great. I browsed through the setup options and i noticed that incomplete files are stored in /tmp dir. I open /tmp and saw that there are many log files and files i don't know what they are. Are these files deleted automatically everytime i restart the computer or do i have to delete them manually as root? And if doing so is there a problem for the system or for other appz that may use these files? In winxp there is a temp dir that you can delete its contents without any problem. Is is the same in linux?

Linux User
    Do they only appear when you are downloading stuff? If i remeber right, the files in /tmp are files wich are beeing downloaded atm. If I'm right; Are you shure the won't be moved to the download-complete directory?

I guess you also could ask at #gtk-gnutella in irc.freenode.net

Good Luck

Linux Engineer
    I wouldn't delete all of the files in /tmp because a lot of your running apps create sockets in there.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux User
    heh i just downloaded this program last night and found that too. but you can also change where it goes while its Dling where it goes when its Corrupt And where it goes when done. heres what i did, i went to home/user and made a couple files. corrupt, notdone, and Downloaded. and just had it send them there. its alot easyer that way because then you can do it with the GUI instead of being SU...hope that helps

Linux Guru
    All files in /tmp are deleted by tmpwatch when they haven't been used for ten days.

Linux User
    well in that case you defenitly dont want your Completed folder Being the /tmp