Find the answer to your Linux question:
Having trouple getting gnomepilot to compile under FC2, error message follows: Code: -conduit-management.c -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/gnome-pilot-conduit-management.lo gnome-pilot-conduit-management.gob:160:88: pasting "(" and "namelist" does not give a valid preprocessing token gnome-pilot-conduit-management.gob:405:66: ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

gnome pilot compile error

Having trouple getting gnomepilot to compile under FC2, error message follows:

Code:
    -conduit-management.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/gnome-pilot-conduit-management.lo
    gnome-pilot-conduit-management.gob:160:88: pasting "(" and "namelist" does not give a valid preprocessing token
    gnome-pilot-conduit-management.gob:405:66: pasting "(" and "node" does not give a valid preprocessing token
    gnome-pilot-conduit-management.gob:435:45: pasting "(" and "root" does not give a valid preprocessing token
    gnome-pilot-conduit-management.gob:436:51: pasting "(" and "ret" does not give a valid preprocessing token
    gnome-pilot-conduit-management.gob:437:48: pasting "(" and "ret" does not give a valid preprocessing token
    gnome-pilot-conduit-management.gob:444:49: pasting "(" and "ret" does not give a valid preprocessing token
    gnome-pilot-conduit-management.gob:619:56: pasting "(" and "self" does not give a valid preprocessing token
    make[2]: *** [gnome-pilot-conduit-management.lo] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/fox/incoming/gnome-pilot-0.1.54/libgpilotdCM'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/fox/incoming/gnome-pilot-0.1.54'
    make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

Linux Engineer
    Try installing the RPM instead of installing it from source. It'll save time and sanity.

Click here to download the Gnome-pilot 2.0.10 RPM. To install it do
    Code:
    rpm -i gnome-pilot-2.0.10-6.1.i386.rpm
    as root. There may be dependencies to resolve, and in that case using yum may be easier. Here is a tutorial on how to use yum.

And by the way, there's no need to post the question twice, people will get around to answering the questions sooner or later.

Just Joined!

It Is Done

Well, It turns out that gnome-pilot was already installed, but not active.

With a little Googling and some find commands, I was ablt to figure it out.

Than began a bigger task, getting gnome pilot to see my palm... That was a pain... I tried several different ttyUSB devices and symlinks to /dev/pilot, but to no avail. Than a pacge found on google suggested using palm-xfer and viola. My palm now syncs perjectly with my cradle, unlike in Windo$, whose usb driver crashed when I used my cradle. Just wanted to say thanks for the info and to let everyone know this is taken care of.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close