Find the answer to your Linux question:
Has anyone sucessfully installed the flash plugin for Galeon? So far, it's my browser of choice under linux, but Macromedia's site only suggests compatability with Mozilla 1.1. Will this work ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Macromedia Flash

Has anyone sucessfully installed the flash plugin for Galeon? So far, it's my browser of choice under linux, but Macromedia's site only suggests compatability with Mozilla 1.1.

Will this work with Galeon, or does anyone know of a Galeon specific plugin?

TIA,
    CT
    \"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.\"
    Albert Einstein

Did you try installing it anyway? Galeon is based on the gecko engine so it should work...

Linux User
    Haven't had time yet. Too busy with two new little kittens running around the house!

I was just looking for some feedback on this before trying the install. I guess no harm in throwing it in and see what happens, right?!?
    Thx
    Albert Einstein

In case anyone else asks, I found this sight that explain how to do it;

http://www.klark.org/flash-on-galeon.php

Linux User
    Thanks for the link, Mado.
    Quite a fresh approach to writing a how-to doc. A little ebonics thrown in for fun???
    Albert Einstein

Linux Newbie
    just to let you know ... Konqeruer (sp?) also is able to use the flash plugin that comes with Mozilla. i prefer Konqeruer to Mozilla ... and realized i needed flash when i wanted to revisit some of my old favorite "im bored and have nothing to do" sites. So think about that. if you wanna go that route ill post more detailed instructions when i get home from the base. Ciao
    Quickdraw returns ... more news at 11!

I like to try all flavors of the rainbow. Running SuSE 10.1 on my laptop, Windows XP on my desktop, and an Mac OS X on my Mac powerbook.

Linux User
    I tried Konqueror, but there was something about it that I didn't like. I'm getting old now, and can't remember right now what it was. I know one of the non-Galeon browsers I tried (was either Mozilla or Konqueror), had an inability to remember where you were on a web page. For example, if you're on a long page and click a link, when you return to the original page (using back button), it puts you at the top of the page instead of remembering where you were in the original. If that's something that is configurable, maybe I'll give Konqueror another go...
    Albert Einstein

personally, my favorite browser is Firebird....nice and small, fast, and still has lots of changeable preferences...

Linux User
    Firebird looks pretty good - will give that one a try as well. The stock Mozilla was always a little too Netscape-ish for me. I've been a die-hard IE user for so many years...
    Albert Einstein

that's the other reason I like firebird...you can do the Ctrl + Enter shortcut!! I use that shortcut so much...when I started using mozilla I kept accidentally doing it and opening things in new windows...bah