Find the answer to your Linux question:
Can anyone tell me which one the think is better........Sot office 2003, OpenOffice.org 1.1.4, or Corel WordPerfect 8. I'm asking because I have to order one of these....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Office suites

Can anyone tell me which one the think is better........Sot office 2003, OpenOffice.org 1.1.4, or Corel WordPerfect 8. I'm asking because I have to order one of these.

Linux Engineer
    Why do you have to order openoffice? It's freely available from openoffice.org... I've never tryed Sot office, star office or corel wordperfect 8, but I have to say the openoffice 1.9 is impressive!

Linux Engineer
    I've not used sot office either, but I have used wordperfect and I much prefer openoffice.org, it works marvelously...fast and stable, with the ability to read and save as .docs, and all other msoffice extensions. The 2.0 is still in beta but will be out in a few months, which contains, what at least looks to be, a nice little db tool. its also free and easy to dl.
    Operating System: GNU Emacs

Linux Guru
    I'd go for OpenOffice, too.

Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

Linux Enthusiast
    Was I time ago when I tested SOT Office, however, it feels a lot like a clone of Start Office/Open Office. And seriously, it is not that updated as Open Office is now adays. If you want the support and therefore want to buy a copy, by Star Office, however, I do seriously beleive that Open Office will have much more of newer features, and worse or not, but will be better integrated with Microsoft Office as well, even if there allways will be some flaws in the compatibility. My vote goes for OO

Linux Newbie

yeh

openoffice i think is good but if you want more power then go for ms office i thnk so .. but not exactly
    :: i dont know even a single word of linux ::