Find the answer to your Linux question:
Good day Here at my network I have a W2K Server + AD and all users have 3 shared folder Z: User personal folder U: User department folder T: Public ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

pam_mount + smbmount

Good day
    Here at my network I have a W2K Server + AD and all users have 3 shared folder
    Z: User personal folder
    U: User department folder
    T: Public folder
    We have over 1000 users and 15 departments.

By using SMBMOUNT and PAM_MOUNT, I managed to mount the T and Z folders.
    The T is avaiable for everybody. (volume * smb <server> T /home/&/T uid=& - -
    The Z is avaiable only for the respective user. (volume * smb <server> & /home/&/Z uid=& -
    The U is avaiable only for the respective group of users. (?)

My problem, as seen above, is how to smbmount the U folder using pam_mount. The "&" represents the user name.
    I though that maybe, as "&"=user, there is some character that represents the primary group, but couldn't find anything like it.

Does anyone there can help me out?

Just Joined!
    Thakowbbery,
    I know that this is kind of an old post, so I hope you still are monitoring it. Could you provide detailed instructions in simple with key words on simple on how you got your system to work using pam_mount. Like what files you changed and where you placed them in your system. I am trying basically to do the same thing that you are and I am having difficulty understanding the instructions that go with pam_mount. I work for a school district and we have over 1200 students in our building and all might need to log into these computers.

Thanks in advance for the help
    Wish I could help you out
    Brian Schneider