Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi I am very new to Linux and I have somehow managed to install Slackware 9 and now I am at root@darkstar:/ prompt. I have a requirement to install squid ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

squid help

Hi I am very new to Linux and I have somehow managed to install Slackware 9 and now I am at root@darkstar:/ prompt. I have a requirement to install squid or any cache server. I don't know of any other so I am trying to install squid.
    Does anyone know of something similar to squid. It is for the company, so does not matter even if we have to pay for it. But we would like to test it first. I have done the basic configuration. Can anyone help me with what to do further. Lile I don't have any users or I don't know how to five host name. I guess I will need static IP address, correct ?

Just Joined!
    hi

first u need to configure ur linux box for network ie bring it to lan. after that you will need to do configuration in /etc/squid/squid.conf file which consists of all the configuration details for squid.

Just Joined!
    On this topic I don't suppose anyone knows the command to disable POST within Squid and the consequences of doing that?

Just Joined!

how i will configur my user time shedul in squid

I have instull linux 7.00 and i have instull a squid, but, i cnt internet share time shedul in squid, if any one can help, pls send me
    amin@shebabd.com

Just Joined!

i can go cd /etc/sqsquid

i can go cd /etc/squid/
    vi squid.conf

acl IP200_arp arp Mac address
    http_access IP200_arp

I know that , this command for 24 hours internet access, But, i dont know what command will for 12 Hours, pls help me

Just Joined!
    i can go cd /etc/squid/
    vi squid.conf

acl IP200_arp arp Mac address
    http_access IP200_arp

I know that , this command for 24 hours internet access, But, i dont know what command will for 12 Hours, pls help me