Find the answer to your Linux question:
does anyone know of a good music notation program that works in knoppix?(hopefully free)...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

music notation program?

does anyone know of a good music notation program that works in knoppix?(hopefully free)

note quite sure, but have a look at this: RoseGarden ...audio and MIDI sequencer, score editor, and general-purpose music composition and editing environment

would that be any help?

Just Joined!
    I think that's what I'm looking for.

thanks.

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by wraith
    note quite sure, but have a look at this: RoseGarden ...audio and MIDI sequencer, score editor, and general-purpose music composition and editing environment

would that be any help?
    It's slow, hard to install and KDE dependent. It takes a long time just to load a file. If you modify something in a file, it also takes a long time to render the changes.

Just Joined!
    ok, well I found a couple others. There's one called Noteedit, another one called LilyPond and another one caled MuX2d. Which one is the best?

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by UniPhil
    ok, well I found a couple others. There's one called Noteedit, another one called LilyPond and another one caled MuX2d. Which one is the best?
    LilyPond doesn't have a GUI of its own, but there's a frontend called "Denemo" available. Denemo needs GTK, MuX2d and Noteedit needs QT. Noteedit and MuX2d are kind of hard to use.