Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am new to Linux and can't figure out how to install WINE. IM me on AIM: TheLVLaverick if you can help....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installing WINE

I am new to Linux and can't figure out how to install WINE. IM me on AIM: TheLVLaverick if you can help.

flw
    Linux Engineer
    If you go here http://www.winehq.com/?page=howto you should fined what you need. If you have a specific question then repost.

Good Luck,
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"

Linux Newbie
    That How To website is not correct. I tried installing using that, and was no where near right. I have talked to the people from Winehq and said they would get on that. but looky here ... When you install Wine is already makes a few folders for you to use as your "c:" drive. i believe its under like /usr/share/wine-c . if all else fails if i am wrong with that, just do a quick updatedb as su, and then a locate wine. Sorry, if i was home i would be able to double check for you. Good luck.
    Quickdraw returns ... more news at 11!

I like to try all flavors of the rainbow. Running SuSE 10.1 on my laptop, Windows XP on my desktop, and an Mac OS X on my Mac powerbook.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    flw
    Linux Engineer
    QuickDraw do you have a site that would be helpful?

Thanks,
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"

Linux Newbie
    Sorry, i don't. i just had to go by it all on my own and figure it out. i will try to talk to the people at WineHQ again though to see what they could do about it. even ... one could go onto IRC and join their channel. That is how i first brought their erroneous How To page to their attention.
    Quickdraw returns ... more news at 11!

I like to try all flavors of the rainbow. Running SuSE 10.1 on my laptop, Windows XP on my desktop, and an Mac OS X on my Mac powerbook.

Linux Engineer

Re: Installing WINE

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick
    I am new to Linux and can't figure out how to install WINE. IM me on AIM: TheLVLaverick if you can help.
    What linux are you using?

If it's mandrake 9.1 then I just downloaded the specific rpm from winehq. Worked fine.