I recently ran a major update of my stuff via YaST, and I can no longer run konqueror.

When I open it, the app opens, but attempting to enter something like /etc in the URL bar gives a pop-up message saying:

Protocol not supported

file
Attempting a URL, for example www.google.com, results in:

Malformed URL

www.google.com
And finally, attempting http://www.google.com results in:

Protocol not supported

http

Now then, attempting to run konqueror in the terminal results in the following error messages:

Code:
alex@linux:~> konqueror
kio (KSycoca): WARNING: Found version 75, expecting version 79 or higher.
kio (KSycoca): WARNING: Outdated database found
kio (KSycoca): WARNING: Found version 75, expecting version 79 or higher.
kio (KSycoca): WARNING: Outdated database found
kio (KMimeType): WARNING: KServiceType::offers : servicetype Browser/View not found
kio (KSycoca): WARNING: Found version 75, expecting version 79 or higher.
kio (KSycoca): WARNING: Outdated database found
kio (KMimeType): WARNING: KServiceType::offers : servicetype KURIFilter/Plugin not found
kio (KMimeType): WARNING: KServiceType::offers : servicetype inode/directory not found
kio (KMimeType): WARNING: KServiceType::offers : servicetype inode/directory not found
konqueror: WARNING: KonqFactory::createView : no factory
konqueror: WARNING: Profile Loading Error: View creation failed
I attempted to search for "kio" in YaST, and find nothing. I also did a search for "MIME" and installed a bunch of those packages. Nothing seems to fix this problem.

If anyone can help, I'd be grateful. Thanks.