Find the answer to your Linux question:
I try to load the xmmsinfo.pl script, so that I too can spam every song I'm listening to, to the entire channel. Except when I try to load it (and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Irssi > XMMSInfo Script

I try to load the xmmsinfo.pl script, so that I too can spam every song I'm listening to, to the entire channel. Except when I try to load it (and any other XMMS related script) I get this, or a similar error:
    [05:05] Can't locate XMMSInfo.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /home/septor/.irssi/scripts /usr/local/share/irssi/scripts
    /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.3/i586-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.3
    /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/i586-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3
    /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3/i586-linux-thread-multi
    /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl .) at (eval 729) line 30.
    [05:05] BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 729) line 30.
    Any ideas? I searched my box for XMMSInfo.pm, with 0 results. I searched Google for a common problem, again, 0 results.

Just Joined!
    Nevermind that, I fixed it. =D

what was the fix in the end? Always good to share just incase someone gets the same error
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

Just Joined!
    To fix that error, you need to extract this to your perl5 dir:
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ckage_id=73825

Then, if you're trying to use the xmmsinfo script, you'll need to install xmms-infopipe, which can be found here:
    http://www.beastwithin.org/users/www.../infopipe.html

I also find posting a problem on a forum helps, even if you don't get any replies. Self help owns.

edit

You also may want to open up xmmsinfo.pl and edit how the song is displayed, it's displayed rather gayly (is that a word?) at first, IMO.