Find the answer to your Linux question:
I installed the packages apollon and giFT , allowing me to access OpenFT and Gnutella network. Has anyone an idea how to acces FastTrack, the network used by KaZaA?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Filesharing - how to access FastTrack network?

I installed the packages apollon and giFT, allowing me to access OpenFT and Gnutella network. Has anyone an idea how to acces FastTrack, the network used by KaZaA?

Just Joined!
    according to the apollon web page, it can "connect to various networks, including OpenFT, Gnutella, FastTrack"

Just Joined!
    The FastTrack plugin for giFT is, thanks to KaZaA, reverse engineered guesswork. It has had to be rewritten several times because the KaZaA company added random data to their protocol to disrupt 3rd party clients. So you don't have much hope, but you could try where the plugin is. Better to use a file sharing protocol that is an open standard though. Fasttrack will never be readily available to Linux users, thanks to KaZaA. Did I mention KaZaA? =)

A file sharing network is only as good as how many files are on it. Get people off Fasttrack, don't waste time trying to get on.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    *lol* thanks for your detailed information... and sorry for mentioning FastTrack.

Linux Engineer
    Use the all-in-one graphical compilere (.run), and I beleve the fasttrack-plugin would come along. And the best part is that it actually works.