Find the answer to your Linux question:
As above. I'm running FF 1.0.3 on an SuSE 9.2 box and it keeps crashing, apparently randomly. I've not noticed any pattern relating to what i'm doing or what sites ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Avi
    Just Joined!

Mozilla Firefox repeatedly crashes

As above.
    I'm running FF 1.0.3 on an SuSE 9.2 box and it keeps crashing, apparently randomly. I've not noticed any pattern relating to what i'm doing or what sites i'm visiting, nor how many tabs i've got open.
    I've not noticed the problem anywhere else, and Konqueror seems to be being pretty stable.

On crashing it just exits FF and opens the error reporting log. I've had this install since early yesterday, and it's already crashed 9 times.

Any ideas?

is there a specific error it outputs when it exits? Have you tried installing it via Yast or through the ftp server?

Avi
    Just Joined!
    No error message, it just closes and comes up with the error report log.

That said, this window's been open since i posted above now, something i did somewhere must've fixed it....

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    That is quite odd. Any reason you need Firefox 1.0.3? Did 1.0.2 work for you? If it did, why not downgrade to 1.0.2?

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

Linux Engineer
    Try installing Firefox from within YaST, from the installation dvd. I think it's version 0.8, but you can upgrade it afterwards through YaST.
    ** Registered Linux User # 393717 and proud of it ** Check out www.zenwalk.org
    ** Zenwalk 2.8 - Xfce 4.4 beta 2- 2.6.17.6 kernel = Slack on steroids! **

My firefox crashed when i was using some weird flash plugin, after removed and installed macromedia flash crashing stopped

run firefox command through the terminal (Konsole) and when it crashes see what error text is output
    Ubuntu Jaunty :: Arch Linux (current) :: Acer Aspire 1692WMLi

Avi
    Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by bryansmith
    That is quite odd. Any reason you need Firefox 1.0.3? Did 1.0.2 work for you? If it did, why not downgrade to 1.0.2?

Bryan
    Yeah, i thought about that. Only got 1.0.3 because it was at the top of the list. As i said, it seems to have stopped crashing since i posted this (sod's law) so i can't find the error outpits. I might see if i can provoke it just to get an error message....

I found an installer for Mozilla 1.7.2 (sans suite) which i'm far happier with than FF as that's what i've been using in Windows until i got Linux.

So problem sorted!

Good to hear you solved your problem . If you do get the error by chance, post it and we may be able to let you know what was going wrong.

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.