Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
well something abou t download accelerators. 1st the DON'T really accelerates some times BUT they ALLways try to use your MAX bandwidth. 2nd They can accelerate your download because the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

re download acelerator

well something abou t download accelerators.
    1st the DON'T really accelerates some times BUT they ALLways try to use your MAX bandwidth.
    2nd They can accelerate your download because the make more than one single connection. Its because when you connect just once you connection may slow down and itīs slower to one connection speed up when the traffic is up again, so if you have 4 connections is fastter to reuse the bandwidth.
    3rd they resume support works better...

I love download accelerator cause I'm allways doing some kind download... and be moving to windows just to do that is boring. So I developed my own download acelerator, based on axel's code the new download accelerato for linux has released called doKa, it is made for KDE (I love it) and is working pretty well with some problens that you can faind on the projects page...

If you have interest check out...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/doka/

Hi - If you use Firefox you might check out the DownThemAll plugin (I think that's the one) ... It splits downloads into segments, and downloads them in more manageable chunks. It then assembles the downloads at the end of this process. The developers claim this approach speeds things up.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2