Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hai, My Company Involved in Data Processing Work. Last Month we converted all our activities on Linux. We had Installed Fedora Core-3. The employer would have to use 2 to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux Application (oowriter, oocal)

Hai,
    My Company Involved in Data Processing Work. Last Month we converted all our activities on Linux. We had Installed Fedora Core-3.

The employer would have to use 2 to 3 Applications (oowriter or oocalc) at a time. He will switch to each of the windows in limited seconds using hotkeys (Alt+Tab). Mostly they have to select and copy some text from a window and to Paste in another window. Application seems to be too slow while switching to windows and resultant to dead Operating System. All our Linux systems are 256 MB Ram. Is there any need to upgrade my RAM to solve this Issue. Please guide me.

Found alignment Problem in contents, when we migrate and open the same file in Windows. This is a hot issue for us as we don't have any idea about our clients Operating System.

Just Joined!
    Greetings,

You wud be facing the alignment problem as the alignment on MS Word as the Open Office differs a lot. workaround for this that you can install the Openoffice on your windows system and get the word document going.

Also, you can try to increase the RAM on your system and check if it works or not but b4 that I wud suggest to run the top command and check the load on your computer. As the linux is works on modular approach so it requires a high amount of memory especially when using the GUI Mode...

Regards