Find the answer to your Linux question:
I use to use a browser, konqueror but one day every time i'd type a website in or open a bookmark my mouse would start slowing down, becoming jerkier and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Konqueror constantly crashes my system

I use to use a browser, konqueror but one day every time i'd type a website in or open a bookmark my mouse would start slowing down, becoming jerkier and jerkier when i move it

until suddenly it wouldnt move anymore

CTRL ALT BACKSPACE did nothing i couldn't even do CTRL ALT F1 to change to text mode or anything, what i'd say a complete lockup

Well.. so I decided I'll just use galeon... so I'm using this now... but 90% of the time when I click a link in programs (AOL instant messenger, KMAIL, etc) it'll try to open in konqueror and once it starts loading that page my system hangs again

I noticed once I hit control alt backspace and left to watch some tv and came back and it was at the logon screen. So its not really locking up, but its doing something that isnt good.

Any help would be excellent. Thanks!

Linux User
    with those other proggrams you can select what browser they open in. and you might want to DL the browser and recompile.

Just Joined!
    Where can I get konqueror stand alone... without having to download kde?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie

Linux Guru
    Even so, just Konqueror can't make either X nor the kernel itself hang, so there must be something more to this. How much memory and swap do you have?

Just Joined!
    Sorry for not replying for a while... I have 512 MB memory.

anyways i can't recompile and reinstall Konqueror - and konqueror.org doesn't have a STAND-ALONE package -- it says "Simply download and install KDE!"

I use KDE as my primary window manager, and I fear if I "simply" download and install it, i'll screw something up beyond belief, and that scares me.

Just Joined!
    Screw it, I'lll just use mozilla/galeon

Thanks for everyones imput!