Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all. I'm new on this community and also kind of new to the Linux. Actually few classes on my faculty impressed me with it, with programming in bash and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Help me installing GLADE

Hi all. I'm new on this community and also kind of new to the Linux. Actually few classes on my faculty impressed me with it, with programming in bash and c. now, for a school project i need to create an irc client. alot of people suggested me to make it with help of GTK, so i choosed c w/ gtk. i found glade to be a reasonable dev program where i could create a gui, but here's my main problem. i'm using pingo distro (slovenian distro, based on fedora core 2). i installed (through add/remove programs) gtk libraries and kinda installed glade too (well,.. i thought i installed it). now, after typing glade into the console i get the unknown command error. also, glade isn't listed anywhere in gnome menus. after searching my hdd for *glade* string, i only found libraries in /usr/lib/libglade/2.0/ and few directories called glade in directories of other programs. in there, only glade XML files were found.

please help me out installing that program since i have no idea, how to do it then?

thank you all for your help and best regards

It sounds like you do not have glade installed. Hmm... I don't know much about gnome, but I had one or two programs in KDE not show up untill I restarted KDE? You could also check the glade web site (http://glade.gnome.org/) if you are missing anything.

ps. a good slovenian linux forum can be found at www.apollonus.net

Stumbling around the 'net:
    www.cloudyuseful.com