Find the answer to your Linux question:
Whenever I open a web page the fonts look horrible. Can somebody please tell me waht can I do to get the same fonts as on a IE browser. Are ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Web pages look horrible in netscape

Whenever I open a web page the fonts look horrible. Can somebody please tell me waht can I do to get the same fonts as on a IE browser. Are there some special font packages etc. that I need to install.

Linux Enthusiast
    you are in bangalore, which implies you might need to use bengaly fonts? (I don't know about the spelling). Try using the latest build of mozilla, not Netscape. Netscape lags just a bit behind mozilla, but they are basically the same thing. Also, look into upgrading your distribution to RedHat 8.0 or Mandrake 9, I think both of these come ready for Xft, which helps make fonts look pretty. Put up a link to a webpage that has crappy looking fonts, then a screenshot of your browser with those fonts. I will then reply with a link to a screenshot of my browser with those fonts. I bet mine will be what you are looking for.
    I respectfully decline the invitation to join your delusion.

Linux Engineer

TTF

Install true type fonts.

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/mini/TT-XFree86.html

I too had this problem when I first installed linux. I was very much disgusted with the fonts during web browsing. I think every system should make this a default with their OS. I remember Solaris had the same problems. Unfortunately, I wasn't school admin so there was nothing I could do about it at the time but well, now I have a linux workstation so...

bp
    The best things in life are free.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close