Find the answer to your Linux question:
Anybody please tell me, how can i make my Qt program run as a tray program. I mean when i run the program it should go into the tray....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to make an Program to run in tray?

Anybody please tell me, how can i make my Qt program run as a tray program. I mean when i run the program it should go into the tray.

Linux Newbie
    There isn't anything you can really do to have that happen, considering that is based on each different program. the only program i have ever seen able to do that ... aside from using Wine and running windows applications, was the newest version of Gaim. but that was a little buggy so i went back to pre-0.6 version days when it doesn't allow for it. but if anyone else knows a way, please share so i can learn something new and not feel like a complete goober for telling Satyanand he couldn't do it.
    - Brandon C. Brown
    Quickdraw returns ... more news at 11!

I like to try all flavors of the rainbow. Running SuSE 10.1 on my laptop, Windows XP on my desktop, and an Mac OS X on my Mac powerbook.

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickDraw
    There isn't anything you can really do to have that happen, considering that is based on each different program. the only program i have ever seen able to do that ... aside from using Wine and running windows applications, was the newest version of Gaim. but that was a little buggy so i went back to pre-0.6 version days when it doesn't allow for it. but if anyone else knows a way, please share so i can learn something new and not feel like a complete goober for telling Satyanand he couldn't do it.
    - Brandon C. Brown
    It proberly can be done, but im not familar with the QT libaries or X programming to be able to give a half decent answer

Jason

Linux User
    There's a great one for Windoze called TrayIt!, but I don't know of an equivalent for Linux. Or if there even is one...
    \"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.\"
    Albert Einstein