Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Wow I have found this excellent program for my graphics for linux as opposed to Gimp, but i don't know if it is free or not. it looks like something ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Blender

Wow I have found this excellent program for my graphics for linux as opposed to Gimp, but i don't know if it is free or not. it looks like something that can do this kind of work would be expensive. has anyone ever worked with Blender or know if it is free or not? it says it is open source, but i know that does not mean free. but after looking around there site, blender3d.com i haven't found any price for anything or anything of that nature.
    Quickdraw returns ... more news at 11!

I like to try all flavors of the rainbow. Running SuSE 10.1 on my laptop, Windows XP on my desktop, and an Mac OS X on my Mac powerbook.

Linux Guru
    it appears to be GNU software, see here: http://www.blender3d.com/Support/?sub=FAQ#general3

Never heard of it until now

Jason

Linux Newbie
    yea im getting that alot. i just called my friend over at my ISP who knows all kinds of stuff, and he said the same thing. that he had never heard about it until now. but i am getting good reviews for it from deviantart.com and a book i saw last night at Barnes and Nobles showed that it had some awesome capabilities. and no offense to Gimp ... i want to be able to do more.

I like to try all flavors of the rainbow. Running SuSE 10.1 on my laptop, Windows XP on my desktop, and an Mac OS X on my Mac powerbook.

Just Joined!
    I donít know if blender3d is free or not, but I did use it long time ago and it was free. I remember downloading it for free but it was beta I think so if there is beta then it means the original software would have a price. Well I was stupid enough to delete it but I did not like it anyways. I like such software as Maya, which is the best out there, and it runs on Linux. And there are like 3d max cinema 4d that are much better then blender3d. This was long time ago they could have improve dramatically so I could be wrong about this.

Linux Newbie
    i got the blender a while ago and it is completly free.
    but you better know your stuff before you get it it is apsolutly impossible to understand.
    i got their linux version so it might be different from the win version but you better have a degree in something before you get it.
    oh and sunday is maya free ? and where do you get it?
    Thanks v much

\"Anything bigger than my ego i want it caught and killed\"- Zaphod Beeblebrox

Multi boot:
    Win xp home, SuSE 8.2 and Slackware 9.1

Linux Newbie
    yea ... i just downloaded Blender, and whoa nelly is it intensely difficult. Now i know i need to go buy that book on it. And i don't believe Maya is free, or I would have gotten that. same with other software like Bryce and Max 3D s or whatever it is called, they are quite expensive and clearly directed towards professionals who have some dough to throw around.

http://www.bookpool.com/.x/4td625mgt...&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

this looks like a really good book for blender. then again it is the officail blender book
    BIG K aka Kyle
    Programming Forums
    www.kylekonline.com
    Please don\'t PM me for help-- ask in the forums instead!

Linux Newbie
    That's the exact one i want to buy, but it was ike $50 at Barnes and Nobles, so I am going to see if i can find it cheaper somewhere online. oh buddy ... pretty soon ill be having decent graphics and wallpapers posted up over at my little corner of deviantart.com. yay!!

Linux Newbie
    w00t! i found one over at www.amazon.com for less then $20. if anyone cared to know.

can you post the link the the book you found for under 20 cause i only find this one on amazon and its like 50 i think and 40 and Barnes and noble.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...VG&cds2Pid=946

edit: never mind i found it.
    BIG K aka Kyle
    Programming Forums
    www.kylekonline.com
    Please don\'t PM me for help-- ask in the forums instead!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast