Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am currently useing "kmail" its pretty dam good but its a bit ugly.. I hate that clunky windoze XPensive look with the 3d buttons and stuff, the same go's ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

which mail client

I am currently useing "kmail" its pretty dam good but its a bit ugly.. I hate that clunky windoze XPensive look with the 3d buttons and stuff, the same go's for konqueror.. its good but ugly.. what would you recommend as alternatives? or can they be skinned? I have heard a lot of good things about mozilla firebird.. i may try it.
    Also whats the best command line email proggy? i like hings to look cool or if thats not possible i like them to be very simple!

Linux Engineer
    Evolution + some good gtk2 themes works for me.

Linux User
    I like mozilla mail, you should try it

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    I used to use kmail up until yesterday, when I switched to VM, which I really recommend. But only if you're really comfortable with emacs, though. VM is a mail reader library for emacs, and gives me another good reason never to leave The One Editor.
    As for command line programs, I hear good things about mutt, but I haven't actually used it, so I can't say for sure.
    You can just find a less "XPensive" QT theme, though, and go on using kmail. Except that it wasn't part of emacs, I did like kmail.
    Btw., does anyone know of a program to convert maildir mail folders into mbox folders?

Linux Engineer
    found a lot of hopefully usefull hits with this search:

http://www.google.com/linux?num=100&...l+folders+mbox

Linux Enthusiast
    I used to use mozilla mail which was good and then switched to evolution which is nice also.