Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am currently running Windows Media Center Edition 2004, and am switching to linux (fedora core 3). I bought another hard drive so I could keep Windows, because I use ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Alternate to Media Center

I am currently running Windows Media Center Edition 2004, and am switching to linux (fedora core 3). I bought another hard drive so I could keep Windows, because I use it to watch/record TV. I would not be upset at all to get rid of windows all together, but I havent seen an alternate to wath/record TV and be able to burn to DVD. Does anyone know anything good?

I have a ATI All-in-Wonder 9000 with remote TV tuner.

any suggestions?

For burning DVD's (and CD's), K3B works very well. Can't help you with the TV, but I seem to remember that KDE has a program or two for this kind of thing (for recording audio streams, it has Kstreamripper).
    Stumbling around the 'net:
    www.cloudyuseful.com

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    Linux has a couple of really good PVR software utils. One is called MythTV, the other is Freevo. I prefer Freevo, as it's easier to install and use. If you're looking to just watch TV, you can use TVTime, KDETV, or mplayer. You should be able to record w/ mplayer, too. I don't know about yout TV card, but mine has an AUX input, so I can record right off of whatever is plugged in as well.

As mentioned above, K3B can burn DVD's

Do you need more info then that? What specifically.

Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

my tv card has the cable input. i configured it in YaST, opened kdetv, it had no source. came up with some options to choose the source, etc, but no sources ever came up.
    Today I fell and felt better, Just knowing this matters, I just feel stronger and SHARPER!!!, Found a box of sharp objects, What a beautiful THING!!! Box of Sharp Objects - The Used